look at me now.

Wednesday 7 October 2015

the same but better although worse.

This is no type of alcohol, it's mineral water.
There's no cigarettes, I'm chewing gum.
No panadols miss, there's cereal in my mouth.

You binge you starve
You exercise while sleep deprived
Fat fat skin fat fat
But they feel bones
They see the smile you're losing 
Those dark circles escalating
Your soul exposed
The emptiness swallowing you whole
It's swallowing you whole
Swallowing you whole I said
Run I said
Save yourself
Stay afloat
Swim away
Go
Leave
No,
Stay.


I begged please,

Just stay.


And you, on the outside looking in
And you on the inside desperately grasping whatever there is that's left,
that is there to cling on, to remember, hold on to ; 
a motive, a purpose, a significance.
But nothing's left. Nothing's there. Not even you.


Tell me, how do you cope with that?

-riri-

No comments:

Post a Comment