look at me now.

Saturday 28 June 2014

just a call.

*fades in to a couple months ago*
He takes one thing,
He replaces it with better.

This could've been in malay but the cheesiness of it belongs to only one, and we wouldn't want to ruin that. I was thinking of my last resort, if maybe this would be the day. To go although I know better not to. Sometimes it doesn't really matter what you do, the mistakes are yours to learn from and if it happened, wasn't it because it was meant to?

Eyes opened to a familiar feel, a kind of atmosphere with a pinch of nostalgia I never was very keen of. Except it was in a different house, a real home, I was younger of course, braver definitely. No obvious tears despite the dampness of my cheeks that says otherwise. Forget it, I thought. I sneaked out of the room for the phone, dialled my number one with a heavy heart I proceeded. Her voice was what soothe my state of being as honesty made its way through my eyes and casual conversation starters drop deep. It's astonishing how the right people can be able to turn you back to who you were; helping you out of your armour. They put it down to heal your wounds, for goodbyes to all the bruises you never had a second look at. Ignorant for your own good.

Next, it was down to my one and only. I hear the dial wishing he would pick up, half of me hoping that he wouldn't but - "Hello?" - he did. He obviously didn't recognise the voice on the other line and I wasn't surprise or did I had time or consciousness to get upset about it. Especially not when I notice his voice lowering into a softer tone. It's always hard at first, but he was there. I felt bad that nothing was really being said initially although it came around to me after awhile, still I found calmness in the silence we shared. I felt a curved moving slightly upwards and back down on my face. It's not always when your eyes are heavy that you speak of the truth. It wasn't always about midnight with us, it's when your heart is heavy and you have no one or nowhere else to turn to, that you realise the one you shouldn't be fearful of, the one who have seen it all and wouldn't mind seeing more was there all along right in front of you. Standing still waiting for you to notice.

It was just a phone call,
that saved my life.

-riri-

No comments:

Post a Comment