look at me now.

Friday 1 June 2012

hear me out.

Adults are matured, they say. They would listen, they say. Well they lied just as well.

It's not that they don't understand, they just would rather not to.
At times it feels like the only person I could count on is myself. When even the person who claims to love and care about me won't care, who would? The things I keep to myself, dying to have someone to share it to, usually are the things that I feel like I'm the only one who's safe to tell it too.

Too young and immature to be taken seriously. True, however this feeling, it isn;t gibberish talk. Feelings won't lie, your mind maybe but not feelings. Again, what use is it to them, what's on my mind or the things I believe in. Explaining myself wouldn't change a thing. Grown-ups they think they know everything. In denial, honestly believing that they're always right even when they're obviously not. Neglecting our thoughts. Just because they're older doesn't mean they're wiser.

Once they've talked, the things you're about to say won't matter no more. They get reluctant to hear your side of the story. Maybe, they've forgotten how hard it was when they were a kid, how eager they were to get the attention from their mum/dad or any other grown-ups, of how hard it was to convince people that what the things they say were real, how hard it was to talk about something they believe in and to actually be taken seriously at the same time.

Or maybe, they do remember and they know deep inside that even if they listen, they can't do anything about it. That some things just can't change. I hate the fact of how we can't do anything about it. I hate it more that no one dares to try but then again, who would care? Still, to hear me out a little won't do any harm won't it? It means a lot just to be heard once in awhile.

yours truly, riri.

No comments:

Post a Comment