look at me now.

Monday 8 July 2013

what we never had, we can never get back.

You can't blame me for comparing my life with other peoples',
If you keep comparing me to every single person you meet who to you,
seems way better than me.

They say let bygones be bygones. They also said learn from your mistakes.
They said forget the past. They also said you gotta look back once in awhile.

I thought she would know me better. I thought that maybe out of all the people I know, I could trust her. How do you even trust the person who doesn't trust you? I wish people knew me better but I end up being the opposite of what/who I really am to them. It's sad to know the people you've known since forever would believe everyone else over you. She tells me she misses the old me, the one she used to know. They all say that. Ignorant to the fact that they are the cause behind the change they're seeing. What if maybe they never did knew me? That maybe I was never myself with them. I was once what I would say, the reflection of what they wanted me to be.Things don't work that way. You don't find who you are by what they make you believe that you are.

What happen to you? You used to be so nice. You never used to be this rude. You used to this, you used to that, you used to blablabla - she would ask me. She wants what she lost. How could we get back what we never even had? There was never trust, never compromises.

I know I've done things in the past that I'm not proud of, I've done some mistakes and I know it's hard to forget but shouldn't they try to? As if it was that easy for me to get over it but no, they just have to bring up the topic over again from time to time. I learned my lesson so why can't we just let it go? I guess no one really cares of who you are now when they've known who you were then. They asked for an explanation but they never listen. Their ego can't take it. If it was their fault even, they still had to be known for being right. A bit selfish I would think that for the own good of your ego, you'd ruin what once seem so lively.

-riri-

No comments:

Post a Comment