look at me now.

Thursday 11 October 2012

you came back.


After a year maybe more,we meet again. Finally.

It was just, I just felt, I just can't. Word's can't even describe.
It was weird. Funny. Not because we were awkward, quite the contrary to be precise. I was surprised really. This takes me back to the moment I did my oral presentation where I was talking about how hard it is to find friendship; you know those who you can bla bla blahity blah to and so on. Those people you might lose contact with and not talk to for days or even months but when you do get the chance, you talk like not a day had passed.

We had things going on, reasons why it was hard to get together. Maybe it was us, procrastinating. Taking things for granted. I waited, worried she might not make it, it was getting late when I saw this car slowly passing my house and there she was, smiling at me. The moment after I hugged her, BOOM, mouth opened, things blurted, everything I told her and she just sat there and listened, patiently, like she used to.

This is the girl who saved me from depression and frustration when I was in primary school. The first to really cared that time. Because of her I found myself again. She has changed me so much. I knew things would changed the moment she left to boarding school, our group, me and the others would never be the same again. She was what held us all together. Each broken and glued back, she was the glue and when she was gone, so was the bond, shattered into pieces.

We were hopeless. I wanted everything back but I was the only one. But then we meet again, and flashbacks from when we were in standard six played in my mind. It was like I saw us from above, smiling, laughing but this time it was just us. Sadly, it was just us. What hurts the most was goodbye. Goodbyes are never good when it comes to separating us, friends. I saw the tear in her eyes she was blinking back careful not to let it out or at least not in front of me. I hugged her for the last time.

A few days later I had just finished playing fireworks with my sister when I checked my phone. I got a text from her. The way she texts me never changed. That's mirauwr I thought to myself, for sure. She was on the way to KLIA. Flying back to where she belongs I guess. Away from me. I could imagine being on a plane, looking outside, thinking of those who we are leaving behind. By the time I text her back, it was too late. She was already gone.
Phone left behind.

Heartbreaking.

Yours truly, riri.

No comments:

Post a Comment