look at me now.

Friday 19 October 2012

twentytwelve: fifteen.


'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you 
You're gonna believe them  
And when you're fifteen feeling like there's nothing to figure out  
Well, count to ten, take it in  
This is life before you know who you're gonna be.

 On the 19th October 1997, a beautiful baby girl was born. Fifteen years from then, a beautiful young lady she became. Mistakes made, screwed up here and there, life full of laughs, smiles and most of it tears but then again here you are, still standing. Things get hard, people get bitchy, life gets unfair, you get depress but just so you know through thick and thin I'm here. Always will be. Screw what anyone else says. They'd judge but they don't know you the way I do. Some might know your story but that doesn't mean they know the real shit behind it.

Babygirl, as you can see we're the only ones we've got right now. Mom, Dad, not exactly,
and it's okay. I'll study hard, I'll get a good job. I'll find somewhere safe and sound to stay, you could live with me till you get your life straight. I can't imagine how I'd be the me I am today if it wasn't for you. Maybe there wouldn't even be a "me" anymore if it's not 'cause of you.

There's times where you feel like nobody cares and I get it, I feel ya. Though the way we both get treated are different, you have what I don't and I have what you don't but in the end the only thing we have in common is we have each other. Things would fall apart but toughen up, cry your lungs out when you've fallen then suck it up, wipe the tears, pull yourself back up and keep on moving. You're stronger than you think you are.

Remember, even if you fail in whatever it is that you're doing, it's okay. When everybody else looks down on you, when everyone else walks away, I'll be here by you. I'll never judge you for what you do or who you are 'cause I know you and I know why.

Happy Birthday Babygirl, May Allah bless you!
Stay strong, I love you.

xoxo, yours one and only, riri.

No comments:

Post a Comment