look at me now.

Thursday 19 February 2015

for the day we won't.

I stood there as I watch him go. Kept trying to look forward despite the number of times I failed to and took a glimpse back instead as I hoped for it to be right on time for that when he too, does the same. He did, a smile curve onto my lips. I walked my way. Still stubborn I needed to take one last look. Further away by now, I knew there wasn't a second stare, not another look from him- those seconds and in the number of breaths I wasn't conscious of inhaling, my mind wonders of what's in his. Maintained my pace with my eyes still glued to the back of his head till my vision become of nothing but blurry moving colours.

I always have had the urge to run after him. For every single time. "One last time, just once more" ringing in my head, go I'd say, go but for most times I'd start to, my legs get heavier as if I was tied to an anchor, to be pulled into another direction as it swings to the other side. A word, maybe three, or a hug a kiss anything. One more before you go, when I can never let you go.

I don't want to look back anymore. I'm here for the day when all I have to do is look to my side and he'd be there. He will only ever be there. Not an inch away from me, please. With him, I could hardly bare the distance.

-riri-

No comments:

Post a Comment