look at me now.

Saturday 25 June 2011

so close but so far away.

I suddenly realized that I no longer know who they are..
The people who I used to consider as my best friends.
I just don’t know them anymore, and that, is a sad statement.


When you’ve been best friends for quite some time.
Then some stranger suddenly budge in and,
nothing’s ever the same again.

This time it's like you're the newbie, the stranger.
You're the third wheel, the one who’s ruining everything.
Like you're the one who’s bugging this friendship.
As if you're the one who shouldn’t be around them.


Same school, same age, same canteen yet,
it feels like we’re so close but so far away at the same time.
We seldom talk to each other nowadays even when we always have had the chance.
Words never seem to go out right, it feels like there’s a big lump in our throats.
 We walk together, or do we?
Even when we do, it seems like you’re always rushing; in a hurry to get away from me?

We used to talk about everything with each other.
Now you’re not telling me anything, you tell them instead. We would always laugh our ass off together.
Though it’s been awhile since I heard you laugh.
Our smile to each other used to be so sincere,
not anymore but forced ones now.

I used to always go to your house and you used to go to mine,
now? We got different paths to walk on.

I wish I knew you like I did before. It’s not easy, is it? Fighting for something you could have had and wondering if maybe it’s already too late. Now I’m all that is left with me are the photographs of us in my room, you and me- what used to be.

yours truly,riri

No comments:

Post a Comment