look at me now.

Saturday 25 June 2011

when everybody loves but nobody trusts.


Funny how we can feel so much but cannot say a word.
We are screaming inside but can’t be heard.


I talk and you would listen, always.
I want to hear your story but you would keep quiet, always.
I see you smiling but you can’t lie to me,
I’ve been hanging fake smiles on my face way too many times,
I know that smile you put on is full of pain.

Tell me what’s going on?
Don’t tell me you’re fine when it’s so obvious that you’re not.
I’ve told you everything, Why not do the same?
Don’t for a second think that your problem might be a burden to me,
I know it won’t ever be. I’m here for you, this is what best friends are for.

I don’t want you to keep anything from me, please.
I’ve been there before, I know how it feels.
It hurts, it’ll eat you inside.

You’ve been so strong for so long.
Tell me you never cried to sleep before?
You can’t, can’t you?
You’ve taken everybody else’s burden, it’s time to let go of yours.

You listen to your their problems,
You’ve always been there for them.
Don’t you know that they want to do the same?
You’re not alone. I’m here, always.

I can’t bear to see you put on that fake smile again,
I want to see it come naturally- just like before.
I don’t want you to be hurt anymore.
I don’t want to see you be bullied.
 I don’t want  to see you let people step on your head no more.

It’s time for you to stand up and face the crowd

yours truly,
riri

No comments:

Post a Comment