look at me now.

Monday 25 July 2016

someone else.

Despite the days, weeks and months that has passed,
Somedays I think of you wishing you still speak of me.

Some mornings, some nights I get woken up by dreams of you.
Some moments I still get the strongest urge to tell you I love you.

Convincing myself of how untrue the things I feel are, that there's no more you,
Yet wondering why I wake up searching, why despite knowing better,
I still have you in mind every time my phone rings.

I put you in my stories, my reference, spreading you around like a rumour,
the more I do, the more I see you, the more I talk the more I hear you,
the more I do, the more I do, the more I realise that, I've in fact lost you.

No one gets through my mind, lingers in my life the way you do.
But I tell myself each time it's not you. I tell myself each time,
it's not me either.

-riri-

No comments:

Post a Comment